Is there Not A Way To Sort Pages The Way You Want?

Things I have tried

I have tried all sorting parameters and none of them work for me.

What I’m trying to do

I am trying to sort my pages the way I want in Obsidian. I am using Obsidian for studying and the way the sorting is in Obsidian forces my pages to be sorted in a specific way rather then the way I want my pages to be sorted. Is there a plugin or solution to this issue? CherryTree has the ability to custom sort your pages the way you want.

I don’t have an answer to your specific sorting question but you could get around it by using the Dataview plugin. (obsidian://show-plugin?id=dataview).

I do that for the books I’m reading. I have a folder that syncs with Readwise. I create a page called “Books I’m Reading IND” and use a dataview set that sorts by last edit time.

What do people here usually do in order to workaround this sorting issue? Do you guys just number all your folders?

I don’t think many here see that as an issue. I can do with giving my folders and pages meaningful names and have Obsidian sort the pages and folders by name. Most needs above that are met by adding links or tags.

What, exactly, are your sorting issues, anyway? Just ‘sorting the way I want it’ doesn’t tell us much, does it?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.