Is there anyway to disable all plugins just to find the cause of a problem in Obsidian that will allow me to reenable all of them quickly afer I found the one that is messing up with Obsidian?

Things I have tried

Nothing so far because I do not want to break my current installation with plugins enabled.

What I’m trying to do

I am trying to detect the plugin that might be causing a problem. I just need to find a quick way to disable all plugins that will allow me to reenable all of them quickly as well once I find the cause of the problem.

Thanks

The Divide & Conquer plugin can help with that.

obsidian://show-plugin?id=obsidian-divide-and-conquer

1 Like

Another option would be to duplicate your .obsidian folder and/or your entire Vault. Do tests, and then copy back the unaltered files, and remove whatever you found in the test version.

Personally, I keep my entire vault including settings in a git repository. So I can snapshot before I do any tests or major changes, and always have a point to return to if something goes wrong. But that’s part of more general advice to backup and snapshot regularly!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.