Is there a way to use obsidian to take notes on web pages or html files(zotero snapshot)? (obsidian does not support browsing long page pdfs, A4 pdfs will lose web page information)

I recently used zotero’s web snapshot function to save some web pages, these web pages are very long web pages.

I want to take markdown notes on them, so I thought of obsidian, they will lose content if printed in A4 pdf. If you use puppeteer to set the page height very high and convert it to pdf, it will cause serious lag and blur when browsing in zotero and obsidian.

I have tried the following methods, but none of them work well.

1. Using annotator with puppeteer to print long page pdfs will cause serious lag and blur when browsing.
  2. Using Paste as Html will prevent you from annotating the content.
  3. Using Html to markdown has very poor readability (because it is a Quora-like website with comments under each answer)
  4. Using other PDF readers can not use Markdown language to annotate, because there are a lot of latex formulas to write.
  5. zotero cannot open pages that are too long because it uses pdf.js.

I am currently doing this, using zotero, to save a quora question page. Then use node

const puppeteer = require('puppeteer');

(async () => {
  const browser = await puppeteer.launch();
  const page = await browser.newPage();
  await page.goto('file:///C:/Users/Desktop/pdf/1.html', {waitUntil: 'networkidle0'});
  const height = await page.evaluate(() => document.body.scrollHeight);
  await page.pdf({path: 'output.pdf', width: '210mm', height: `${height}px`, printBackground: true});
  await browser.close();
})();

to turn the saved html file into a pdf file. Here if the height is set very high, it is impossible to read on zotero and obsidian, and can only use other pdf software. If it is set very low, it is that all the content is not on one page, it will be because the web page at the top of the title bar swallows the content or causes the picture to be incomplete.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.