Is Obsidian Canvas updating "over-the-air"?

Hello everyone, it’s almost 30 days I don’t press the “update” button on my obsidian client, but still I see some new features on canvas. For example I noticed today that now I can have bi-directional arrows, that a new little menu on top right of the canvas has been added with snapping options.

Did I just discovered these features with a delay of 30 days or actually there has been a little “hidden” update?

Thank’s

Which version are you on now? What do you get if you do the Show debug info command.

To my knowledge the current version (on desktop) is 1.1.16 (with the 1.1.16 installer).

SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v1.1.16
	Installer version: v1.1.9
	Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0: Sat Jun 18 17:07:22 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.140.41~1/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000 21.6.0
	Login status: not logged in
	Insider build toggle: off

As I said, I’m on the last version, a new update isn’t released since ~30 days and still I noticed those improved features.

I’m quite sure there’s no minor updates which is not reflected in the version number, so it’s most likely just that you didn’t notice the changes in a previous update.

Thank you, I was just asking because Obsidian claims that platform only access to internet when you request an update/trough plugins, so I just wanted to make sure.

Thank’s.

If auto-updates are on, it could have downloaded in the background, but if you hadn’t restarted Obsidian in a few weeks, it wouldn’t have been updated. Maybe?

As I said I updated manually about 30 years ago when 1.1.16 was released, no more updates since then.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.