Is it possible to make obsidian a fully visual editor

Things I have tried

I tried googling, search preferences, and in this forum.

What I’m trying to do

I like the live preview option but for me even better would be a fully visual editor, in which I can use shortcuts to do actions like adding lists or making part of a sentence italic but I don’t see any markdown. Markdown would be only a storage format.

Is there a plugin to go in this direction or a setting?

1 Like

There very well could be a plugin or some css snippets that push closer to what you are explaining, but I am unaware of them. There are plugins with toolbar buttons for these types of modifications of formatting without having to manually add the characters. And obviously Obsidian has hotkeys to do this as well. But like you mentioned, even in Live Preview the current line shows the Markdown.

If someone hasn’t already created this request, it seems like a good idea to create one either in Plugins Ideas or even Feature Requests. If in Feature Requests, the question would be whether this would require a separate mode or simply a toggle within the Live Preview settings.

I say go for it. It’s worth a shot. Good luck!

Thanks @I-d-as. I will create a feature request for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.