Is it possible to costomize math shorthand in Obsidian?

For using obsidian, I need to type math formulas a lot. I’m wondering that is there a way that I can customize the shorthand for the math formula and some latex expressions.

To be more specific. Now, If I want to type the symbol “||x||” in obsidian. I have to first type $$. Then I type \ | x \ | in the double dollar signs. Also, If I want to type an inner product that looks like <x,y>. I have to type “\langle x,y \rangle” in the double dollar signs.

Now even though with completr, I don’t need to entirely spell everything. But when I encounter something like <x,y>, I still need to type “\langle” before x and type “\rangle” after y. For ||x||, similar to this case, I also need to type “\ |” before x and type “\ |” after y.

Thus, is there a way that I can customize the expression so that If I type $\innerproduct$ it will give me $< >$? Similarly, if I type $\norm$, it will automatically give me $|| ||$.

Furthermore, for example, when I type $\overline $, I have to at least type $\overl$ then completr gives the completion. Is there a way that I only type $\ol $, then completr will give me $\overline $?

Any help on this? Thank you very much!

If you use Templater, you can create templates, and create keybard shortcuts to insert those templates. Then doing the innerproduct could become either the dollar signs, and a keypress (or just a keypress for the entire thingy.

Don’t know MathJax, so don’t know what option it has.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.