iOS: Up/down arrows don't work when selecting blocks to link with external keyboard

Steps to reproduce

Connect an external keyboard to your iPad.

1. Attempt to link to a block by typing [[Note name|#^]]. A list of blocks from the target note should display.
  2. Press the up or down keys to try to select a specific block.

Expected result

Pressing the up and down keys rotate the selector through the blocks of the note, like it does on desktop.

Actual result

Nothing happens. Not only this, but something seems to break in the editor, as it’s not possible to continue writing right away - requiring to jump the cursor around first.

Even when I do select a block using the touch screen, many times the editor is left in a broken state, with partially unrendered markdown. Sometimes I even need to reopen the file for things to work normally again.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Operating system: ios 16.3.1 (Apple iPad)
Obsidian version: 1.4.4 (99)
API version: v1.2.7
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: none
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: light
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 20
Plugins enabled: 18
1: Style Settings v1.0.3
2: Hider v1.2.4
3: QuickShare v1.3.1
4: Tag Summary v2.1.5
5: Smart Typography v1.0.18
6: Paste URL into selection v1.7.0
7: Emoji Shortcodes v2.2.0
8: Homepage v3.0.2
9: Map View v3.0.2
10: Advanced URI v1.35.0
11: Underline v1.2.1
12: Lumberjack :axe: :wood: v1.3.0
13: Chat View v1.6.0
14: Tag Wrangler v0.5.8
15: Periodic Notes v0.0.17
16: Trash Explorer v1.1.0
17: Calendar v1.5.10
18: Natural Language Dates v0.6.1

Additional information

This does not happen when linking to sections (#), only blocks (#^).

You link to a block by typing [[note^ or [[note#^ then using the arrow keys.

Err yes, indeed. That’s what I meant to write, apologies :sweat_smile:

If you can edit my original post, please go ahead. The problem is real despite my typos.

I can’t reproduce :thinking:

iPadOS 16.4.1(a), Magic Keyboard, Obsidian 1.4.5(101): Typing [[note^ shows the suggestion menu, and the down/up arrow keys on the external keyboard work as expected.

iPadOS 16.4.1(a), Magic Keyboard, Obsidian 1.4.4(99): Same as above.

Please try turning on restricted mode and restarting.

@lxbbc for the future, can you kindly follow the Debug Guide and try on vault with restricted mode on, no snippets and default theme. You can also create a new vault and try on it.

A screen recording would also help in these scenarios.

Will keep that in mind in the future @WhiteNoise!

Here’s a screen recording from a clean environment as you suggest. It’s a little tricky to understand what my actions are, so I added some text describing in the note.

This really does trigger all sorts of weird behaviors though. When I try to go up/down and nothing happens, I’ve also tried going left/right to just move the cursor with no action. And, basically, anywhere I type right after coming out of this also won’t write.

is this still happening?