iOS Shortcuts - Share your ideas!

Hello !
I write a shortcuts to move file from your… Files to .obsidian (snippet/Themes) :

It works with a-shell, a free app. You need first to configure your vault path with pickFolder (follow the tutorial here).

I also create a paste shortcuts because some times, get a file from github using ipad/iphone is… Not easy.

1 Like

Hi.
I created a shortcut to manage CSS Snippets.

Manage Obsidian CSS snippets 2

I’m sorry, the explanation was written in Japanese, so please read it via Google Translate.

https://sorashima-hatenablog-com.translate.goog/entry/ManegeObsidianCSSsnippets?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=nui

I just made it, so if you find any bugs, feel free to fix, modify, or enhance it.

Used your example to create shortcut “wepclipper” that creates a note directly in the vault via the Obsidian URI.

No third-party apps or Obsidian plugins are required!

The syntax is like obsidian://new?vault=myvault&name=mynote , as noted here: Using obsidian URI . The title of the name is taken from the title of the website.

You will have to modify the shortcut to include your vault name.

Webclipper Direct to Vault

looks great - newbie question , how and what part of the shortcut do you modify the vault name

The name of your vault goes after “vault=” and before the “&”.

In the example provided the vault name is “Enterpot_iPhone”, replace it with your vault and you are good to go.

In my testing it doesn’t work on all sites, especially those with complex structures but you should get the site name at lease.

1 Like

Hello, I’m somewhat new with iOS and saw some people doing nice thing with Shortcut and wanted to do the same. Unfortunately I’m not able to achieve what I wanted. I take scribe note with the Moleskine smart Pen and it can export a .txt files of what I wrote on a pages. I want the text in this file to be added to my daily note.

For short, in Moleskine Note app share TXT files to Obsidian and Create a Daily note or add the text to it.

Here’s what I’ve tried:

If you could help me it would be really appreciated I’m stock.

1 Like

Is that all of the steps in your shortcut? If so, you’re just missing an “Open URL” action at the end. (Your last step there simply creates a URL—it doesn’t launch it.)

I regularly forget to add Open URL, for what it’s worth!

1 Like

Is there an other way to put content in the note then “&content=” because i write in french and accent (like ê) seams to not work all the time and make a broken URL. I use obsidian sync

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/55840a8612994121934cb78600df6342

I’m not using the Moleskine Note app, so I don’t know the details of it. If the TXT file shared by the app is a plain text file (= not rich text), you don’t need to convert it to markdown in shortcuts app. Then the French accent will be displayed as it is.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/dc226f5214e74cb09ae8e9356cc1d1f2

It’s a standard txt files. It works well now! Thank you very much!

I am trying to create a shortcut that creates a note and then open that specific note. Here is a screenshot of what I have so far. I can create the note but I am having trouble with it opening that specific note. Any suggestions? Is what I am asking even possible?

Perhaps you need to make Obsidian aware of the files in its own Vault before opening the files saved directly in Obsidian’s Vault folder.

The Example shortcut lets Obsidian open the vault and load the file one second later.

How many seconds do you have to wait? I think it depends on how many files exist in the vault.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/18d93b24ee034fc0bcc274e3e4a718c0

1 Like

I think this will work! Thank you!

1 Like

iOS shortcut to record voice memos and transcribe them to Obsidian

This workflow allows you to hold the lock button off your iPhone, say “dictate” and then dictate a note with the transcribed text being directly linked to your obsidian daily note. In fact these sentences were dictated using this shortcut :slight_smile:

Link to shortcut

8 Likes

@juen I’m finally able to check off a 4 month old “to-do” :crazy_face: During my process and the betas(apple’s) let’s just say audio was “finicky” before the public ios release. Much appreciation!

1 Like

So for anyone who uses “Session” the pomodoro app (available on Setapp) i made a shortcut that pulls in from my todo list “omnifocus” - pick a task - the time (24hr) and intention are set as inline variables at the bottom of your daily note (looking for note with current date in format “YYYY-mm-DD”).
https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/750e26b654664b97a7581be1e098b253

of course using Session’s API - if turned on in the app a shortcut named “session_end” will automatically run when you end the session pomodoro. It will ask for what you actually worked on and time and append to daily note again.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/b0cab6c1c71c4b6baf71c03828916f22

—- So this makes it easy to set-up a nice Dataview Table to see -

NOW where I could use some help and have been banging my head - is how to simply subtract the the end time from the start time in dataview so it could show the actual time - i often work longer than the 25 minutes (cause if i’m focused i need to keep that train going lol). I’ve gone over the docs a million times and new to programming and come from data science to im learning js as quickly as i can, but as some might know what i mean - Js feels like a nuclear reactor that was built with duct tape and bubblegum, and you gotta be a Yoda type to know all the ins and outs.

This a shortcut that I found in the Gallery and modified. This shortcut will ask you a series of questions about your day and then ask you what you need to do tomorrow. It will then take what you wrote and append to your Daily Note in Obsidian. The items you entered that you need to do tomorrow will be added to your Inbox in Reminders. You can add multiple todo items and it will create a new task for each entry with the due date set for tomorrow and a medium pirorty.

Link to Shortcut

1 Like

Do you have these voice memos append to your Daily Note or are saved in a separate folder?

Can’t the trascribed text be appended directly into the note here on IOS itself?

Some great inspiration in this thread! I’ve been looking forward to streamlining my workflow with automation since day 1 of using Obsidian, but had to figure out what that workflow is first. Now I’ve finally manage to piece together some ideas, and have produced two iOS Shortcuts that are all I need to take Obsidian to the next level:

1. Clip To Obsidian: a classic webclipper - create a new file based on a webpage.
  2. Take A Memo: dictate a one-liner, which is prepended to an existing file.

I ended up using Obsidian’s URI protocol to create the file in #1. But because I’ve moved to iCloud, I could use the built-in iOS Shortcuts prepend action for #2. So no third-party requirements.

While I chopped ideas from a few places to produce the result, they are derived directly from what has being shared in this thread. The main starting point for each is listed in a comment within the shortcut itself.

I found it a bit hard to get going with iOS Shortcuts, given their smooth veneer within iOS. So I made this video to give other’s a taste before they jump in. There’s a lot of context to wade through, so feel free to use the navigation links in the description to jump to the relevant parts.

5 Likes