iOS Shortcuts - Share your ideas!

This new ShortCut appends new tasks in a checklist.
It relays on:

Append to checklist

The ShortCut is activated via share sheet for URL or text, if the input is a url it creates a md link for it; if the input is a text it creates a task for each row.

2 Likes

This ShortCut dumps whatever you are sharing to it in your daily note for future triage. It needs the Advanced Obsidian URI plugin.

Dump in Obsidian

3 Likes

I have a complex Shortcut I use daily (well, it goes off on schedule at 5AM).

It goes through my work calendar and creates a Markdown doc for each meeting, complete with title, time, duration, organizer, attendees, and whatever is in the body of the meeting invite.

I’ve updated a bit since this write-up, reformatting the top block of data to YAML so I can use the Dataview plugin.

9 Likes

I have a Shortcut which lets me save articles as Markdown articles similar to the browser extension Markdownload.
At the moment I’m using it with 1Writer because I don’t have access to the Obsidian app yet but I’m sure it would be easily adaptable.
One problem I’m currently having is that I can’t seem to be able to automatically transmit the article.
I have to paste it manually after I created and opened the new note.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/e45e39a6bc234c54a703e390db453def

2 Likes

This is isn’t really a shortcut per se but I wanted to share a hacky way I have of quickly getting to my daily note from my Lock Screen. I can’t share it because it’s an automation and automations don’t have shareable links.

Here’s what I do:

1. Set the apps on the Lock Screen to include opening Apple notes
  2. Go to shortcuts and create new automation
  3. Choose when I open an app and select Apple notes
  4. Set the action to either simply open obsidian or to run another shortcut you might be using already. I use a modified version of @ryanjamurphy nldates shortcut that always chooses today without asking me with a menu.
  5. Lock your screen, pull down from top right and hit the Apple notes icon.
3 Likes

I was uploading a lot of CSS files to Obsidian mobile, so I forked @vitcci’s “Save CSS Snippet” shortcut to work on multiple snippet files at once.

For this to work, save the snippets you plan to upload as .txt files in a folder you can access from your iPhone’s Files app. When you run the shortcut, it’ll ask you to select (multiple) files—then it’ll upload each selected file to your vault as filename.css snippets.

Save CSS Snippets

4 Likes

I made this 42 step shortcut to quickly add stuff to my CRM vault. Creates a new note with templated options

A) New Person
B) New Company
C) New Meeting

Video: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/694233507500916796/836804272721100800/video0.mp4

Shortcut:
https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/abdbc22c46984ffb9442c23c8838e1e8

14 Likes

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/3f79f532aa23495b857975660d36ca2b

this script could listen and transfer to plain text and create a todo note with #todo/inbox to your daily notes.

it needs

1. advanced obsidian uri (plugin)
  2. checklist (plugin) (optional)
3 Likes

I have created a shortcut that automatically populates the YAML and opens a new note.
I’m studying medicine and I often have to register aliases, so I set it to enter aliases. Also, the created note is automatically linked to the daily note of the day it was created. (Custom format: yyyy-MM-dd)
The shortcut below is only available in Japanese, so please refer to variable or the translation if necessary.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/8f092163c37946c48f6b48d2722a4ad6

(Japanese: YAMLを自動で入力して、新しいノートを開くショートカットを作成しました。
僕は医学を勉強していますが、別名を登録する機会が多いため、aliasesを入力する設定にしています。また、新規作成したノートは自動で作成日のデイリーノートとリンクされる仕組みにしています。(カスタムフォーマット:yyyy-MM-dd)

4 Likes

Another handy shortcut!

Append selected text to the Daily Note (requires the Advanced URI plugin):
https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/37a448f5c94a42d39091d99f7f0d166f

9 Likes

Created a meta-shortcut that folks might find handy: Shortcuts

The idea is that you can build a dictionary of parameters for Obsidian Advanced URI in a separate Shortcut, and then forward it into this one. Has saved me some time so I figured I’d post it here too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This shortcut also handles URL encoding so that you don’t have to do it manually all the time.

6 Likes

Hello.
I try to use this but I always have bookmark invalid with the shortcut to get css snippet.
The creator works, anyway.

You need to create a Folder Bookmark in Toolbox Pro’s Settings first.

So: open Toolbox Pro → Settings → Folder Bookmarks → tap the + in the upper right → tap Choose → select the folder of your Obsidian vault.

2 Likes

Yeah, I already done that so I don’t understand. Plus, other snippet (like create a snippet) work…

After you’ve created the Folder Bookmark in the Toolbox Pro app, you have to edit the Toolbox Pro actions in the Get CSS Snippet shortcut to select the newly created Folder Bookmark.

Edit the "List contents of " and “Get files in at Text” actions. Change to your new Folder Bookmark.

1 Like

I created a thread for this one, because it’s a little more involved:

7 Likes

Another small script for 1Writer, it takes Text or a URL as input and adds it with footnote style to my inbox file along with the current date and a small text.
The footnote link gets created from the current date and time. It seemed to me the most robust way.

Looks like this:

[[2021-05-20]]

Checkout this item [^2021-22-20_212242]

[^2021-22-20_212242]: iOS Shortcuts - Share your ideas! - Share & showcase - Obsidian Forum
https://forum.obsidian.md/t/ios-shortcuts-share-your-ideas/15149/43

Nothing fancy but quite helpful :slight_smile:
https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/46158c79cc1f41e4a6a0639b55787b5d

3 Likes

Super simple shortcut to quickly capture ideas into an Inbox -

I wanted to capture ideas as soon as I have them, with as little friction as possible. I usually always have my phone, and now using this shortcut I can jump out of the shower with a thought, jot it down, and then it’s captured for when I have time to process it, write more about it, etc.

The shortcut uses/needs currently:

• Folder in Obsidian as an inbox for ideas - mine is currently called *Inbox
  • Automatic naming - Zettelkasten UID in the shortcut - YYYYMMDDHHmm
  • Toolbox Pro with Folder Bookmark for Inbox folder.

Possible future improvements:

• use the possible future share sheet extension if available

• prompt for a clearer title to append to the UID?

• automatically append a #idea tag?

• prompt for specific tags? Make it so I don’t forget to attach a relevant tag, other than #idea.
    This would allow me to use Dataview plugin to prompt my in my Daily Notes if I have any Inbox ideas that haven’t been addressed

• alternatively, type these up as tasks [ ] each, and use Tasks plugin with #idea tag to see if I’ve left anything unprocessed.

Link to shortcut on iCloud

Thoughts, comments, and suggestions welcome!

6 Likes

This is a great shortcut.

I’ve tried to generate a Markdown web clipper by combining this and another Shortcut, but like hell if I can get it to work!

Has anyone successfully delivered a shortcut that does the following?

1. Converts webpage to Markdown
  2. Adds a Zettelkasten-compliant date
  3. Leverages the ‘favourite folder’ action in ToolBox Pro to create a file in a specified Obsidian folder on iCloud.

I should have added – I’m using the Obsidian iOS beta and would prefer not to use 1Writer.

3 Likes

I’m new to Obsidian and love how with Shortcuts ToolBox Pro, I can create new scans, notes, and web clippings, ask where to store everything, and then have the file open in Obsidian. My most complex shortcut creates a scan in ToolBox Pro, changes the quality to a smaller file size in, saves the image to the Shortcuts temp folder, asks for a title of the doc, creates a new doc with the date and title, saves to temp, asks where I want the note, Toolbox Pro copies the note to the proper folder in Obsidian and files the pic in attachments, the temp files get deleted, and then the note title is turned into an x-callback URL to open the note in Obsidian. The one hiccup I’ve encountered is that it in most of my shortcuts like this, I need to open Obsidian to index the note, then open shortcuts to finish the script, and then launch the x-callback command. I tried a timeout timer instead of returning to shortcuts, but it didn’t work and this way is faster. The back and forth between the apps is all in the shortcut, so I just have to watch.

2 Likes