iOS app crashes at launch

I have used the option to share the crash report with the developers a number of times.

The app often, but not always crashes at launch.

Steps to reproduce

  1. Open the app.
  2. It starts (and says it has completed) syncing.
  3. IIRC it will (sometimes at least), show the note that is open on my Mac (so it synced properly).
  4. It then freezes and eventually quits with the message:

Of course, right now, as I’m posting this, the app is working fine.
But this issue has been affecting me since the app first came out for iOS, and keeps coming back.

Expected result

To use the app.

Actual result

I can’t use the app.

Environment

  • Operating system: iOS 15.4.1, iPhone 13 Pro
  • Debug info: SYSTEM INFO:
    Operating system: ios 15.4.1 (Apple iPhone)
    Login status: not logged in
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: Minimal
    Snippets enabled: 2
    Safe mode: off
    Plugins installed: 4
    Plugins enabled: 2
    1: Hider
    2: Minimal Theme Settings

I opened this today even though the app is currently working, as I don’t expect that to continue. I’ll follow up here with more info. I’m also testing with all community modules disabled.

Use safe mod and no theme.

How many notes and what is the size of your vault in mb?

I had tried disabling just the plugins, that didn’t solve the problem.

As of today I have changed theme to the base theme today and enabled safe mode as advised.

Vault is: ~800MB
Note Count: ~1400

On Mac I’ve never had any issues. Just on iPhone it works sometimes, but often locks and up and eventually crashes.

Quick update: After launching the app on iPhone just now, it’s locked up already.

With the suggestions above it is acting the same way it has since I first started trying to use the app last year.

To test I force quit the app, opened it, it showed that it was syncing vault changes. Then it showed the note I last had open on my Mac. But it was unresponsive. I tried swiping down to get to the command overlay, and after about 45 seconds it popped up. But it too was unresponsive. I tried typing something just to get a response, but so far it has not responded after about 2 minutes. Just now the command pallet disappeared, then came back. And ok, so now the app is responding.

I’m happy to see that it didn’t crash, and I can give this a try for a few days and see how it goes, but the way it was acting at launch indicates to me the problem still exists and will continue to cause problems. At the very least, having to wait 5 minutes each time I want to use the app isn’t useful.