Introducing Kingdom Study Tools for Obsidian

Tools available:

• Holy Bible (KJV)
    • with Strong’s numbers linking to lexicon definitions
    • with Obsidian frontmatter(YAML) “cssClasses” defined for custom css styles (see “resources/custom.css” for example)
    • compatible with Bible Linker by @kuchejak
  • Hebrew & Greek Lexicons with Strong’s numbers
    • with links to verses & related definitions
  • Noah Webster’s 1828 American Dictionary of the English Language
    • with links to verses & related definitions

Any comments, questions, suggestions, etc. please open issue on Github or direct message here.

7 Likes

See also: Berean Study Bible for Obsidian

The Berean Study Bible (BSB) is a completely new English translation of the Holy Bible, effective for public reading, study, memorization, and evangelism. Inspired by the words in the Book of Acts, and based on the best available manuscripts and sources, each word is connected back to the Greek or Hebrew text to produce a transparent text that can be studied for its root meanings.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Wow!!! This is awesome!
On a side note, is that the prism theme? I use it too with mint and mocha dark mode :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup, Prism theme it is

2 Likes

I have downloaded this amazing project - just to be clear the dictionary adds a huge number of notes - my database is now >40 000Notes. Obsidian sync has been syncing for almost 24 hours now and still hasn’t finished.

Does this work on mobile devices with a database this size without any performance issues?

@Oblique I do not use sync/mobile so I have not tested the performance. I suggest removing the “dictionary” folder from the Obsidian vault and see if the sync/performance improves. The bible & lexicon are the core of the vault and the dictionary is NOT linked to/from either, so removing it should not have any detrimental effects.

I just want to ask the community for someone with programming interest to help with this project.

The ability to watch an expositional bible commentary on my ipad, and immediately click on the Strong’s references (using Hover editor plugin - see attached image) is incredible.

There are some word transposition errors in this text (random words being swapped) and it would be good to generate a comparative script to correct it.

I can provide some supervisory support, possibly funding and beta testing. We are just looking for interested parties to come forward

• Initial Goal - correct word transpositions errors in KJV
  • Stretch Goal 1 - expand integrated Strong’s references if possible to other translations (eg Berean study bible version)
  • Stretch Goal 2 - integration with other interlinear/comparative resources

3 Likes

I am using it on my iPad Pro and it synced inside Obsidian in about 10 minutes