Steps to reproduce
This is a bit complex to set up the repro for, so I created a simple vault (safe mode, no plugins!!) with a couple of notes and a “howto repro” note that has step-by-step with screenshots.
- Download test vault here: https://dsc.cloud/b854da/blocklink-bug2.zip
- Open it
- Set up a 2 pane layout, edit on left, preview on right.
- Navigate to the “Install PowerShell modules globally” note
- Click on the internal link to the right of the BUGGY LINK highlight:
Did you hit the bug?
95% of the time it leaves you at the TOP of the note instead of taking you to the blocklink. The screen will also flicker/jump for a split second.
- If you didn’t hit the bug the first time, In that TLDR section at the top, click the MFAfunctions wikilink and then click the installed as a global function to return to step 5 and try again
Note / preview pane opens scrolled down to correct Heading.
Note jumps back immediately to the top.
- Operating system: macOS 11.3.1
- Obsidian version: 0.12.3
This is 100% reproducible for me. I think it is closely related to Location of the preview panel jumps back to the beginning of the page but may not be identical, because that bug is about folded headings specifically.