Internal links not working in PDF exports

Steps to reproduce

  1. Make new note with an internal link inside ([[filename]] syntax)
  2. Export to PDF
  3. Click the link in the PDF

Expected result

It should open the note in Obsidian.

Actual result

It doesn’t open with Obsidian but gets googled in the default browser (Windows doesn’t have any “app://” protocol registered).


Windows 10
Obsidian v0.9.11

Additional information

The PDF link tries to use the app protocol. It follows this format: app:// (no file extension).

I tried to switch:

  1. app:// for obsidian://
  2. app:// for obsidian://

This is the error message:


Thus, I tried to switch:

  1. app:// for obsidian://vault name
  2. app:// for obsidian:// name

The same error pops up.

In my opinion, Obsidian should stick to obsidian:// protocol. And, well, I recommend fixing the handling of these urls.

They were left my mistake. They will be adjusted or removed in the next release.


Fixed in Obsidian Release v0.9.12 (Insider build)