IntelliSense/Auto-Completion for Tags as Front Matter

Things I have tried

I looked through some of the posts in Feature Requests, and what the Forums said was similar to my post, and the closest I could find was this request that didn’t seem to get much traction:

What I’m trying to do

I wonder if there’s a way to get IntelliSense/Auto-Completion for tags specified in the Front Matter similar to how a regular # behaves.

For example, if I go to the top of a file and start with a #, it suggests other tags that I’ve created that might match what I’m typing out.

However, if I try and add a tag in the Front Matter, there is no auto-complete.

Is there a plugin or something I can do to make this happen?

6 Likes

I’m not too sure what the policy is on bumping threads, so if this is a no-no, please let me know.

I could really use a hand on this one. If it’s not possible as of yet, that’s fine, I’d just like an answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is something I also feel the need for but I believe it is not possible yet.

Please also see this: Auto Suggest/Populate Tags YAML Front Matter

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the most I’ve been able to find as well :confused:

I’m not sure where Feature Requests go, would you happen to have found the request that came from that post?

This is the first thing I look for when I learned about the Front Matter tags. Without auto-completion I don’t know how to tag…

2 Likes

I have a feature request for this on the supercharged links plugin: Suggestion: Autocomplete from predefined values in editor · Issue #45 · mdelobelle/obsidian_supercharged_links · GitHub

2 Likes

Thank you for that. Hopefully we can get this added natively to Obsidian.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.