Install a new Theme

Things I have tried

I read about the theme Primary and would like to install. Do not know how to this. What file do I install and how?

What I’m trying to do

I read about the theme Primary and would like to install. Do not know how to this. What file do I install and how?

Ordinarily you would go to Settings > Appearance, locate the Themes line, and hit the Manage button, and then search for the theme you’d like to install.

However, I can’t find no Primary theme in there, so where have you found this, or heard of this theme?

If however, you do find a theme you like, you click on it, see more information about it, and if you want to test it out, you click the Install and use button.

(After the installation, you get a dropdown in the appearance settings where you can select which of the downloaded themes you want. )

1 Like

Thank you. This is the link to the Premium theme. GitHub - ceciliamay/obsidianmd-theme-primary: Comfy, playful but productive theme for Obsidian. "Primary instantly puts you in a relaxed state that opens the door to creativity and exploration. Wonderfully executed down to the smallest details,"
I still do not know how to install. You say click the install button and use button. Where do I find them. I know once installed how to change themes but how do I install

I told you how to install a community theme, but Primary isn’t one of those, and I don’t know how to install them. Sorry.

Primary hasn’t been updated for Obsidian 1.0+, that’s why it’s not showing up (assuming you’re using the latest Obsidian).

1 Like

What ariehen said. You can follow Primary’s forum thread for status updates.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.