- (Open a new sandbox vault)
- Turn off indentation guides (Settings > Editor > Show Indentation guides)
- Insert callout or quote
- Add a list (numbered or bulleted) into the callout / quote
- Add a sub-item under the top-level list item (numbered or bulleted)
- Type some text into the sub-item
- The indentation of the sub-item will jump back and forth / move with each keystroke (details below)
Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]
Indentation of sub-item doesn’t jump back and forth or move around while typing
- In bulleted list sub-items, the indentation jumps back and forth with each keystroke
- In numbered list sub-items, the indentation moves a bit to the left with each keystroke until it jumps back to the right.
The issue persists at all higher levels of list indentation and is visible both in “Live Preview” and “Source mode”.
SYSTEM INFO: Obsidian version: v1.4.16 Installer version: v1.4.16 Operating system: Windows 10 Education 10.0.19045 Login status: not logged in Insider build toggle: off Live preview: on Legacy editor: off Base theme: dark Community theme: none Snippets enabled: 0 Restricted mode: on RECOMMENDATIONS: none
Example Snippet, paste into vault with indentation guides turned off and start typing in sub-item.
> [!bug] > - This is a top-level list item > - This is a sub-item that jumps back and forth while typing