In search for writing Plugins

Hi there!
I’ve getting into Obsidian but am still wildly browsing through the amount of stuff available. However I seem to miss some key aspects, and can only assume they might be compiled within a different name.

Rearranging Notes and Folders manually (Them being sorted by Alphabet is quite annoying)

Page View like in Word(or other Writing software)

Table of Contents with Numbers ( Which probably only becomes relevant if I can find a Page View Plugin)

Those three are all… I’ve been looking for Plugins like those for ages but sadly found nothing. So I hope that maybe other writers here have found something.

Thank you for your time!

There is a feature request (see thread below) asking for this. The common alternative is to use either the Custom File Explorer sorting or the File Tree Alternative plugins.

Do you mean like in Reading mode ? Or what do you mean. It’s not a paginated view, as that doesn’t really make sense on a screen, but it’s the cleanest, non-editable view available in Obsidian.

If you want a WYSIWYG experience, then you should read the feature request below.

I’ve not used them but I do believe there are various plugins offering TOC, or table of contents, and the core plugin Outline can show an outline of the current note in the right side pane, allowing for quick navigation within a given document.

I highly recommend checking out the Longform plugin for rearranging sections of writing projects. See the relevant docs: longform/docs/MULTIPLE_SCENE_PROJECTS.md at main · kevboh/longform · GitHub

And I also recommend the Lineage plugin for a ginkgo-like writing interface.

As for a discrete page view, I don’t think you’ll find that here, since markdown is a plaintext format. Best I can think of is to preview a PDF render using Quarto’s preview command, but that is a bit involved, and probably not that you are after.

For table of contents with numbers, I use a combination of the Number Headings plugin and the Automatic Table of Contents plugin, which works well for me. However, there’s also the option to use Dataview, for which there is a neat solution here: Self-Upgrading In Document Table of Contents Plugin - #5 by AlanG