Import from Apple Notes to Obsidian

Notice: When importing a number of .md Files and there is a folder inbetween, (In my case: Mac 10.15.7) Obsidian only imports the files that come alphabetically before the folder name. So when selecting the files imported from notes watch out that the folder called attachements or images is not selcted, it will stop the import at that point without noticing you.

Thank you very much for the solutions here. Exporter 3.0.6 works like charm for me. I exported more than 2.300 Notes. Failed Exports (I had 10) have been saved in a folder called “Failed Exports” and are converted to HTML. If I want their content in Obsidian I copy and paste it.

I used Exporter 3.1.1 without issue today on Ventura.

It’s a simple does-what-it-says-on-the-tin kind of tool. It’s free with a pro-purchase to filter note folders out from the export, but it was worth it to me to pay the nice developer that made it.

I exported several hundred notes, many of them with images in them.

Hey! Could you please share a link to this Exporter? I think I’m going down the wrong rabbit hole here when I try to find it.

Thank you

See “app” link in this post. It worked well for me.

“Copy” the .md files into the graph folder structure.
Start with one file, check the results in Obsidian, then continue

I believe that this is the best Apple Notes parser available: GitHub - threeplanetssoftware/apple_cloud_notes_parser: Parser for Apple Notes data stored on the Cloud as seen on Apple handsets

It’s an MacOS App Store app called Exporter.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I use Exporter and it works fine for me. And there’s no need for the paid version.