Images copied from Firefox get pasted twice

Hello!

When using Firefox on Windows 10, the following behaviour can be observed: When copying a picture with rightclick → “Copy Image” and then insert it into a note, the image get created and inserted twice. Once with it’s original file name like it is named if I would download the image file and one with the generic “Pasted Image timestamp” name.
This is reproducible in the sandbox vault.

This is only a problem when using Firefox and does not happen with Chrome or Edge. It doesn’t happen when I drag’n’drop, nor when I’m using the Snipping Tool.

Steps to reproduce

• Copy a picture file from a webpage opened in Firefox via right click → “Copy Image”
  • Insert into a Note via CTRL+V or right click → Paste (same result)

Expected result

The image gets inserted once, as “Pasted Image timestamp.png” (this happens with Chrome and Edge)

Actual result

Two embedded links to two different image files get inserted into the note. Both files get created in my attachment locations, one with a “Pasted Image timestamp.png” name and one with the original file name. Both links are functional.

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • Obsidian Version: v0.14.6
  • Installer Version: v0.12.19
  • Firefox 100.0.2 (64-Bit)
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.14.6
    Installer version: v0.12.19
    Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043
    Login status: not logged in
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

A GIF to showcase the reproduction:
obsidian_firefox_copiedimagepastedtwice

1 Like

works for me.
Download and reinstall obsidian.

Post a screen recording of this happening in the sandbox vault.

1 Like

Hello WhiteNoise,

reinstalling Obsidian - now with Installer Version 0.14.6 - in fact fixed the problem. When copying from firefox, the image now only gets inserted once (with its original file name).

Thank you for your assistance!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.