I’m looking to move a large batch of stuff from Dropbox Paper into Obsidian, and the one thing that doesn’t work great is handling the images.
Today, the process to save an image locally is:
- Copy the link from markdown
- Visit it in a browser
- Save as to the filesystem
- Update the link in markdown
This isn’t great. It would be better if one of the following would work:
- Dragging an image that points to the web into the files folder would save it to disk
- Automatically cache all images to disk and update their links
- Right click to save the image
I’m an experienced (but busy) developer so I might try to implement this myself, but is there any prior art on the topic?