I'm having trouble automatically generating a new note with specific snippets from another note

I have a problem that I can’t solve. The solution may be easy, but I am new and have made many attempts without success.

I’ve created two templates: Template1 and Template2. Template1 generates a new note in which there is a button (made with the “Buttons” plugin). I want this button to perform the following steps:

1. Copy the title of the current note.
  2. Generate a new note using Template2.
  3. Paste after the YAML of the note generated by Template2 the title copied in step 1. I also want the button to paste that to the end of the note.

I use the Templater, Quickadd and Buttons plugins. I have made a lot of progress in my project, but I cannot make any progress.

Can you help me? Thank you

I forgot to warn you that I mainly use Templater and QuickAdd. I use Buttons just to make the process more visual and easy. Thank you all.

Oh! The solution was very easy. I used <% tp.config.active_file.basename %> in the appropriate position of Template2. QuickAdd and Buttons have done the rest of the work.

Thank you all and forgive me for wasting your time. You are wonderful people.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.