Ideaverse for Obsidian (formerly the LYT Kit) now available!

What does LYT stand for? Thanks :slight_smile:

Linking Your Thinking LYT Kit (linkingyourthinking.com)

3 Likes

What does LYT stand for?

Scroll up a littleā€¦

4 Likes

when I download the LYT kit is opens in Zettlr and not Obsidian. How do I get this to open in Obsidian?

@smirking_goat The LYT Kit is nothing more than a folder with plain-text notes inside. So first you need to open Obsidian. Then open a new vault. Then select the folder.

Hey everyone, a really kind person by the username of Lioyeah on Discord translated the LYT Kit into Mandarin.

Download the LYT Kit (Summer 2021) in Mandarin: This is the github link to the zip file

4 Likes

Hey everyone, I just put out a pretty big addition to the LYT Kit.

I updated the original post at the top with the latest link and info:

And hereā€™s a video walkthrough of LYT Kit 6 on youtube.

Also, now when you download it, Iā€™m sending 6 additional lessons and exercises.

I hope the LYT Kit can help you make the most of your efforts with linked notes!

9 Likes

Thanks for the updated Kit, and to all the participants for the fascinating discussion.

2 Likes

Hey Nick, is there any way to create a snippet to use the light theme?

There probably is. Youā€™ll just need some CSS skills.

1 Like

LYT Kit 6 has been an absolute joy to use. I love how functional of a framework it is while also being gorgeous to look at.

I did run into one issue and was wondering if this was from the LYT theme or one of the community plugins like Sliding Panes. On the Android phone app, after syncing all the themes and settings from the MacBook version, my pages seem to expand beyond my screen instead of word wrapping. I am continuing to debug this but wanted to check if anyone would know how to fix this. Should I perhaps stop syncing the appearance settings now and configure the phone app separately somehow?

Would appreciate any help.

1 Like

Never mind, it seems the issue is with Sliding Panes. Setting the lead width to 380 on Android works but not sure what it will look like on my MacBook. Hopefully thereā€™ll be a fix in the plugin to allow globally syncing community plugins with different configurations for different devices.

1 Like

Thanks for the update on this!

Since one of the very recent sliding panes updates, you can specify different pane widths for mobile and for desktop.

1 Like

I am loving every bit of V6- Thank you for your amazing work. I am having a technical issue that I can seem to get emoji to work with the folders. So the links are not working.
Does anyone have a hit on how to fix this?

1 Like

Do you happen to store your vault on Dropbox, by any chance?

2 Likes

how do i download the new version? the download page just keeps asking me to sign up for the newsletter but iā€™m already signed up, and my old link just takes me to v5

i canā€™t believe how ridiculously hard it is to download

1 Like

nevermind, it turns out you have to subscribe again just to download it

1 Like

Today is a big day. Iā€™m launching the latest LYT Kit on Product Hunt, right now!

Iā€™m very proud of this update. It is my clearest, most refined, and most practical version yet. Here are the headlines:

• We remade the Home note to match the joyful original version.
  • 16 powerful maps in the Home note. Rebuilt every map for clarity and power.
  • We improved the ACCESS folder structure.
  • We introduced ā€œEffortsā€ to use instead of ā€œProjectsā€ so your ideas can thrive.

And now, I am asking a BIG favorā€¦

Can you support todayā€™s launch on Product Hunt?

It has 24 hours to make a big splash. If it finishes in the Top 3 today, then Product Hunt blasts it to their newsletter, which is huge. It gives us a chance to reach thousands of more people about linked PKM for the first time!

Here is how you can helpā€¦starting at 12:01 AM PDT

And donā€™t forget to download it!

11 Likes