I can not see links in graphic view

Things I have tried

I tried changing theme, now on default, reinstaled the Mac app, restart computer, change the line thickness, and nothing. I can´t see links neither global and local graph.

What I’m trying to do

I dont know what is happening. Days ago links were visible, but not know. However I can see the links in Obsidian app for iPhone and iPad, but not in my Mac Air 11 inch mid 2012 with macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Just checking, but under the graph settings, under Filter, are Incoming Links and Outgoing Links still checked?

What version (and installer version) of Obsidian on the Mac?

Hello, Rigmarole. Thanks for your reply.

There is nothing like Incoming Links or Outgoing Links under Filter. I attach a screencapture about it.

The version of Obsidian is 0.12.19 and the installer is Obsidian-0.12.19-universal.dmg

• Does it look the same in the Help Vault?
  • Do you have a custom CSS? (I can’t tell just by looking.)

The setting I mentioned only exists in the local graph.

That’s an older version of MacOS. I wonder if there are any new compatibility bugs since CodeMirror got updated. This might have started happening when you updated Obsidian to 0.12.17 when CodeMirror was updated. (That is just a guess. I don’t know what library is responsible for the graph.)

If you’re willing to try a technical fix, one thing you could try is to delete or move your Obsidian application preferences.
But if you do, make a backup of the folder first!
~/Library/Application Support/obsidian/

Reinstalling the app might not refresh any of these settings. But deleting the folder would. Your vault should be safe, because your vault settings are stored in your vault. But you would have to add your vault back to the list of vaults. Again, if you do this, make a backup just in case.

Hi, again. Sorry for delaying my response.

1. No, in the Help Vault I can see the links normally.
  2. No, I didn´t touch nothing in CSS, I don’t have many technical skills.

Then maybe a community plug-in is interfering. I would try turning off plugins and see if it comes back.

Hi, again.

I turn off all the plugins but graph view. I closed the application, open again and the problem persist.

You suggested

one thing you could try is to delete or move your Obsidian application preferences.
But if you do, make a backup of the folder first!
~/Library/Application Support/obsidian/

Can you explain me this whit more detail, please? What steps should I follow for this?

Thank you very very much

Hello again, Rimarole.

I discovered and option named “Hardware acceleration” which was turned off. I change it and the problem was solved.

Very thanks for your help!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.