HTML for styling text (e.g. <text style = "...">...</text>) no longer works

Steps to reproduce

Use HTML style tags on text in any note, for example
This text should render in light green

Issue persists in Obsidian help vault.

Expected result

Text follows style parameters according to HTML, e.g. above example shows text in light green

Actual result

In reading mode, no text is rendered at all (i.e. can’t be seen, selected, copied etc., not a coloring issue)

In editing mode, no text is rendered either, but moving text cursor to where text is supposed to be brings up the attempted HTML code, e.g. {text style=“color:lightgreen”>{/text> instead of the intended text alone in light green. (Less than-symbols switched to curly brackets to allow the full code to show)

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.14.15
    Installer version: v0.12.10
    Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.19044
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: none
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: Deep Work
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Safe mode: on

Additional information

I have used the above styling since nearly a year ago, and is in use in several hundred instances across my notes. The issue began sometime in the past couple of months (I have been on-and-off in Obsidian lately and can’t tell exactly.)

On the other hand, at least one alternative way with HTML “span” works, for example {span style=“color: lightgreen”>Heading{/span> produces the wanted style effect. However I would very much like to avoid switching “text” to “span” in each instance manually.