How to use the slides plugin?

I am trying to use the slides plugin, but whenever I click the “start presenting” option in the context menu on a note, the note just goes blank and nothing happens.

I did enable the slides plugin and I did restart Obsidian.
I tried this with my own notes, but also with the “Slide Demo” note from the Obsidian help.

Anything that I might be missing?

3 Likes

Did you separate your slides with ---?

I have the same problem and I have separated the slides with ‘—’ and the note goes blank and nothing happens.

Thanks

1 Like

is not the same as ---. The three separate characters are hyphens, not emdashes or endashes. Some OSes automatically replace --- with , so you have to undo as soon as that expansion happens or change OS settings to prevent that from happening.

That was just the forum auto-formatting. SiobhanDW did type ‘---‘.

@Nils and @SiobhanDW what version of Obsidian are you using? Are you up to date?

1 Like

@rigmarole 0.8.2
Obisidian tells me that it is up to date.

@ryanjamurphy I used the demo slides, so in that case I did not enter characters myself.

Ah, shoot, sorry. There were some troubles with Presentation in 0.8.2 if I recall correctly. A new version will be released to the public soon with presentation fixes (and handling of e.g., embeds and transclusions).

Phew, so I am not too dumb :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hah none of us are too dumb!

Is this working for you with today’s update?

Should work in 0.8.4 now, just go to Settings - About and relaunch. Tested with the help vault slides demo.

1 Like

Works :slight_smile:

How can I customize the slides? :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried to find a good home for my request.

Many thanks. I installed the update and it is working perfectly :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

You can use markdown to make some customizations, e.g., creating a heading on your slide with # some heading, which would look like:

some heading

I’m not sure about the extent of other customizations without modifying CSS. What else would you like to do?

I want the heading to be at the top of slide, so that there is a clear separation between topic (heading) and content.

Sure, did you try the above? Feel free to post a screenshot of the result.

I’d like to know how can I move the slides view to a exernal window or open a 2nd instance of my knowledgebase.

It would be great if I could run a presentation and quickly add comments and/or even edit the live view.

Any kind sould knows how I could achieve this?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.