Preference to show backlinks in document by default

Hello, I can’t find any way to show backlinks in documents by default (rather than having to toggle them everytime I go to a page). Especially if there’s a way to set this by page (so that some show backlinks by default, while others do not). Does anyone know if this is possible?

26 Likes

.with dataview plug-in you may use the code shown in this link… works fabulously. I have it in several of my templates where I know it will be useful… Dataview plugin snippet showcase - #86 by SkepticMystic

1 Like

Thank you, that’s very helpful. I’ve installed the plug-in and put in the code:

```dataview
list from [[test1]] ```

This produces a list of backlinks, but it does not include the context given in the default backlinks panel. Are there additional options I can use to add that? I’m not super familiar with code.

1 Like

I’d like to upvote this request.

In preview mode there is an option to toggle backlinks in file. I basically always want this option on but at the moment it seems that I have to turn it on on a file by file basis. Would it be possible to have an option in the settings to make this the default for all files when opened in preview mode ?

12 Likes

Yes, I would also like the option to globally set (and retain) the “Toggle backlinks in document” option.

3 Likes

Yep, lots of unnecessary clicks to toggle them on all the time, especially on mobile. And I always want results collapsed, that’s one more click…

2 Likes

I completely agree – it’s quite annoying at the moment how backlinks keep disappearing, and you have to collapse them every time you re-show them.

I created a request a while back about this: Preference setting to auto-collapse backlinks in document

2 Likes

Is there any resolution for this? I strongly support it.

3 Likes

+1 for this feature, global toggle backlink in document would be great

3 Likes

Another +1 for Global toggle for backlinks in documents.

2 Likes

+1 for this feature

This has been implemented

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.