How to level up on using Dataview.js API?

Things I have tried

According to the docs,

You can access the Dataview Plugin API (from other plugins or the console) through app.plugins.plugins.dataview.api ; this API is similar to the codeblock reference, with slightly different arguments due to the lack of an implicit file to execute the queries in. For more information, check out the Plugin API reference.

Based on this, I tried typing app.plugins.plugins.dataview.api into the console window and peering into the elements. I don’t know a lot of javascript and I could not see the connection between anything in the console and anything I see related to the dv variable that is so important and basic to dataview.js queries.

What I’m trying to do

How do I use this information to explore what’s possible in the
```dataviewjs code blocks? I am learning javascript as I go, so probably misunderstanding some things, but I feel like I’m on the verge of writing useful code if someone can help me poke around more. The documentation just doesn’t connect the dots between the query syntax and the javascript api to the level I need.

Thanks for any help

2 Likes

Haha I found my own answer again. It appears that in the Console, app.plugins.plugins.dataview.api.pages is the same thing as dv.pages in a ```dataviewjs codeblock. From there I think I can do some damage! Cheers

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.