How to generate collections of bite-sized atomic content?

I’m a relatively new obsidian user and find that I’m often creating sidebar content that I want to reference later on, but not necessarily only as a backlink or as a preview.

For example, as a writer, I may be writing something unrelated but then I think of a story, metaphor, quote, potential tweet, or fact as I’m writing. I may not build further upon it, but I’d like to be able to reference cleanly on a page - all metaphors or all quotes or all tweets, etc. without having to click through on backlinks or digging through tags.

I’m assuming this is something the dataview plugin can help with, but I’m not quite sure how I might go about it.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

One idea could be to use inline fields, that is if you don’t mind them being in between other text. Then you could gather them up using dataview queries, which could link to their origin rather easily.

If you write "(quote:: Hidden inline fields are great!)", it'll only show the value, whilst if you use [tweet:: My faboulous tweet] it also include the key you used. 

In any case they can be easily gathered using dataview queries.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.