How to find links without notes?

Hi,
After reading through this thread, I only find workarounds and no convenient solution:

1. Install one of the suggested community plugins. These look great, but this would mean to disable Safe mode and click OK to the scary (and I believe warranted) dialog about opening up your computer pretty much completely to whoever the community creator is. (unless I have the time to go through the source code and build the binary from those sources - and do this every time there’s a need for an update)
  2. Add a style sheet that makes the links without notes jump out. But this means scrolling around / resizing the graph to try and spot these notes. Not exactly convenient when I don’t care where they are in the graph - I just want to create a note for them.
  3. Scan through all the links in a note before I leave it to validate that no link without note exist. The preview of links will help to identify the blank links. I don’t want to have to remember and spend time on this for every note though.
  4. Prefix every “blank link” with some special characters (e.g. {{) so that I can quickly search for these characters later and find all the blank links. I can see this working quite well, but it is extra work to put in the characters and makes the text ugly.
  5. Do a complex search for all links, then all files and do a diff to find any links without matching files.
  6. Quickly click each blank link so that it is created, and then jump back to your note to continue and hope that you didn’t interrupt your train of thought. With default note creation set to something like an inbox folder, the blank notes can then later be fleshed out.
  7. There’s a nice looking script provided to generate a note that lists out blank links. But it is for Mac only, and still requires to run a command externally (or set it up to be run somehow periodically).

@moderators , would it make sense to unmark this from being resolved, or we have to make do with the workarounds that exist?

2 Likes

I would also like a solution for this.

There is already a toggle in the graph view for turning showing/hiding existing files. It shouldn’t be that much effort to use that info to a search filter we could use.

1 Like

Hey you can try various complements plugin its available in obsidian store download it and enable and then like if you have note in your vault as xyz then if you want to link it then you dont require to asd [[]] these brackets to link it is very usefull

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.