How to drag note from File Explorer to canvas?

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

When I drag a file (.md file, image, …) from the Finder to a canvas, the drag hand changes to a “+” sign when hovering over the canvas page and then the file is copied.

When I do the same operation from Obsidian’s file explorer, I just have the drag hand, no “+” sign, and the file is not copied…

Am I missing something ?
Thx

About Obsidian
Version 1.1.8 (Installer 1.0.0)

Do the other methods work?

Yes, using the Canvas toolbar and selecting the note to include (from the list) works.
That’s just the “drag from File Explorer” that is not working.
Can this be a side effect of one of my plugins (Admonition, Advanced Tables, Double Shift, Footlinks, Make.md, Outliner, Omnisearch, Share as Gist, and Tasks) ?

Ok. Find the culprit: make.md. This plugin seems to replace the classical File Explorer with…well…something related to its “Spaces” feature… even if the Spaces option is deactivated.
Phil

1 Like

The screenshot you posted is with spaces on. There’s a setting to use spaces with file explorer or you can turn off spaces, does require restart of obsidian for setting to take effect. Drag and drop to canvas for spaces is in the next release.

Ok, thanks. Will re-install make.md with spaces off.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.