How to click to open note in a new pane in Editor view

In Preview mode or Graph View, Opt-Cmd-Click on a link or node opens a note in a new window. Also, Cmd-Click (without Opt) opens the note in the current window.

Is there a way to get the same behavior in Editor mode? In my setup, clicking on a link (either with Opt-Cmd or only Cmd) opens the note in the current window. How can a link be opened in a new pane from Editor view?

EDIT: Based on thread, I’m converting this to a Feature Request:
Opt-Cmd-Click should work consistently across different views. Specifically, in Editor view, it would be nice if it behaved the same (open note in new pane) as it does in Preview Mode and Graph View.

Right click on the link and then select open in new pane.
Alternatively, you can press ’ Ctrl+Alt+Enter’ once you have the cursor over the link. This command can be changed in the hotkeys as per your convenience.

Thanks @Walrux. I was familiar with the Ctrl-Alt-Enter (Cmd-Opt-Enter on macOS).

I guess I was hoping there is a way to make Opt-Cmd-Click work consistently across all views… unless there is some other purpose for Opt-Cmd-Click in Editor view, it would be nice if it behaved the same (open note in new pane) as it does in Preview Mode and Graph View. I’ll move this note to Feature Request (if I can figure out how to do that).

I rechecked and found that ‘Ctrl+Shift + Click’ on editor mode does the job.

That (Ctrl-shift-click) doesn’t seem to work on my macOS set up. It pops up the context menu (as if right mouse click).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.