How to best organize and separate CSS snippets (see latter part of the thread)

It’s just sometimes the minor issues that frustrate us most.

That’s just it, the big problems are more interesting, a challenge to overcome, but when it’s everyday mundane, Mickey Mouse stuff that shouldn’t be interfering or slowing you down, that is the stuff that grates on one’s nerves, especially at work… when your work is being slowed down by some stupid little glitch that shouldn’t even be happening, and when such crap is persistent, tenacious, and won’t let you resolve it without great effort.

Btw, that reminds me of one thing even I tend to forget:

• When switching existing CSS snippets on/off, this usually works flawlessly and immediately.

• When editing a CSS snippet or creating a new one, even after a “CSS snippet reload”, these probably won’t work correctly until you’ve restarted Obsidian!

• (Off-topic but important:) Restarting Obsidian is also important after updating plugins.

2 Likes

Oh, blasted! As I started to read your post, I thought:

“Oh, there’s the answer to my question about reloading the code without having to shut down Obsidian and restarting it… all I’ll have to do is turn them off, turn them back on, and they’ll reload the code and then I’ll be able to see if my code changes work as desired. Great!”

Then as I kept reading, I’m back to shutting down Obsidian and starting it back up anytime that I change .css code. Drats!

But Ok… good to know anyway.

Not much of a problem, I think. After the initial “adventurous phase”, one stops fiddling with CSS every day and starts using Obsidian for what it’s meant—real work. :wink:

Yeah, I’m hoping I don’t need to fool around with .css very often… way back, fiddling around with batch files was a blast, I had a lot of fun with that, but .css is mostly used for formatting and appearance, from what I know of it, and that is not something I can generate nor acquire a passion for, even though in certain instances, such as those highlighting and mouse-over issues, it is very useful and important.

You are very exploring! Please feel free to let us know when you meet a problem. :smiley:

By the way, I also hope these features can be support natively. :star_struck:

Oh ho… now you went and said it :slight_smile:

Well if this is an easy one, then I would ask: First case of postmortem study in a patient vaccinated against SARS Co V 2 Chart — Postimages

See how that popup being opaque covers up the files listing? That is a bit of a pain in the petooey as well I have to say… very rarely do I have to see a preview of the files, I’m usually just scanning the file names to find a particular note.

Not only does the popup constantly block the listing with any mouse movement, but the popup preview as well is not really useful, since what a person is looking for is likely not going to show up in the popup preview anyway.

I’d rather get rid of those popups, or maybe have the option of getting a popup if I Ctrl-clicked (or other key combo) on one of the notes in the list.

Not a deal breaker, I’ve been working around that… slightly irritating, but manageable.

If fixing/changing that is a bit complicated or time-consuming, don’t bother, I don’t want to bother you with something that I can live with. Thank you no matter which way it goes.

Hi, @N1755L:

I am not a native speaker and maybe I lose some contexts. I’m afraid I don’t understand what you are requesting for help.

After clicking the link above, I see a screenshot of you browser without anything I think is a file list. Maybe you wanted to post a screenshot of Obsidian App?

After reading again. I suppose you are meeting a problem that when hover the list of filenames in File explorer of Obsidian, a preview popup shows and obsecures the filenames behined?

If so, I think it has been enhanced in the latest version. By now, the preview popup only show if you hold Ctrl and make your mouse hover a filename in the list.

FYI, my Obsidian version is v0.12.4 for macOS.

You can also disable the page previews altogether by going to Settings → Core plugins → Page preview and disabling that.

2 Likes

Sorry Ryan, seems the link was no good… this is what I was trying to link to: http://postimg.cc/7bQcBqph

But yes, you were right, and Matthias’s @Moonbase59 solution just below here worked, no more popup.

Ah… so much better! The Ctrl function you describe is not working for me, and I am at v0.12.4 as well on Windows, but not to worry, I’m not going bother fiddling with it any more than that, the popup is gone now, it’s so much better… I’m content.

Thank you both once again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.