How do I work with Obsidian on Mobile?

Like @ryanjamurphy said- 1Writer

2 Likes

Canā€™t believe i missed that.

Thanks guys!

1 Like

@equuapotesta You arenā€™t aloneā€¦ see my post above. https://forum.obsidian.md/t/how-do-i-work-with-obsidian-on-mobile/471/100?u=ryanjamurphy

Is it just me, or itā€™s searching across files pretty much nonviable in these workarounds?

You can view, usually traverse, but not globally search?

Epsilon Notes supports global search

Hey @ryanjamurphy. Just out of curiosity, are you still on Noteplan for mobile editing or reverted to 1Writer?

For anyone using the Apple ecosystem looking to access Obsidian on a Mac from an iDevice you should investigate Jump (or other similar app). Uses WiFi. Allows you to access Obsidian (and its files) ā€˜directlyā€™. No need to use other apps to access/manipulate Obsidian markdown files. YMMV!

1 Like

Yep, Iā€™m still using Noteplan!

2 Likes

Spent the $15 and found it worthlessā€¦sitting in same room on wifi - ipad functionality for Macbook very bad.

Thatā€™s why I typed YMMV. Iā€™m using a new M1 MacMini and a 2018 iPad Pro. On the home WiFi (Spectrum 100 up/ 10 down, not exactly 5G speeds) operation is ā€˜almostā€™ instantaneous. In coffee house downtown, not noticeably slower. So, again Iā€™ll sayā€¦YMMV.

There is an app on iOS https://apps.apple.com/cz/app/markdown/id1494902837?l=cs

it works well the only thing that is missing is that it is nit working with google driveā€¦dropbox works fine thoughā€¦

You might find this overview helpful for iOS:

1 Like

Yeah, I tried this and PreText, both couldnā€™t create files in GDrive.

I have been using 1Writer but have now turned to Notebooks because it operates on iOS and MAc as well as utilises Dropbox. So far I have able to use a Zettlekasten method to capture my notes. The recent updates have deepened the use of [[wiki]] and backlinks

1 Like

I made the switch too, itā€™s as good as any solution Iā€™ve tried if not better. I believe the developer is aware of the usage as well and given past experience will probably better it.

1 Like

I explained to him whatā€™s happening over here. :grin:

@PeterE @guthrien could one of you share a link please? Notebooks is a generic term and thereā€™s at least a couple of them in the app store and on that BrettTerpstra link. Thanks in advance

Hey @sandrop I had the same question, but I think they were referring to the one mentioned here - How do I work with Obsidian on Mobile?

1 Like
2 Likes

This code can be utilised as well. It downloads Keep Notes into markdown to a specified folder without manually exporting ot Google Takeout. It uses unofficial Google Keep API.
I tried it, and it seems really cool.

• It can help me to atleast caputure notes in IPad or Phone or virtually anywhere.
  • There is a search based export as well. You can just pull notes with a particular label or tag.

I wish there was a way to put files there as well, that way I can push some notes like Daily Plan to be viewed on Keep and vice versa.

1 Like