How do I implement text title within the daily note YYYY-MM-DD date format?

Things I have tried

I tried YYYY-MM-DD [- Title ] but it doesn’t leave space for different strings each day.

What I’m trying to do

I like to put a name next to the date of my daily note files. It gives context without having to open the note. Both from within the Obsidian and Windows file explorer. But it poses problems for plugins that read a specific date format like Calendar.

This is an example of my notes with date and title:

• 2021-12-07 - Updated Default System.
  • 2021-12-08 - New Daily Routine

In this case, the Calendar plug-in doesn’t read this as a daily note and prompts to create a new note for these dates.

How can I recreate the above examples in a syntax valid date format that obsidian and other plugins can interpret? I’ve been suggested to use aliases, but unfortunately they don’t change file names like I’d like.

I’ve been trying to read the formatting reference as a guide, but It’s very confusing for me who’s new to all this and hasn’t been of much help. Apologies if the answer is obvious, still, would appreciate any solution to this.

Reference:

You might try a feature request to the Calendar plugin where it searches for dated notes based on how the file name string begins.

1 Like

The latest version of the Embedded Note Titles plugin allows you display the front-matter title as a H1 at the top of the page. Though it requires obsidian 0.13.8, which is currently an insider’s release.

Quick Switcher++ might allow you to search these.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.