How do I create a shortcut to include the Yaml front matter section whenever I create a new note in Obsidian?

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

I want to create a keyboard shortcut to include Yaml front matter section with empty blanks whenever I create a new note, something as follows:
"—
aliases:

tags: [ ]
—"
Thanks

Hi!, I found a community plugin on the store, called ‘Linter’. Its amazing, it does automatically for you, on save command. just remember to configure before using.
Also, If you are on github, please consider upvoting this issue ticket : Automatic title value in yaml · Issue #137 · platers/obsidian-linter · GitHub
Thanks

Also, there may be a non-plugin workaround, like using the Obsidan URi, for creating new files. Or using Templates a inbuilt core plugin, to insert the yaml section.

Between some combination of Quick Add, Templates, Templater, and Hotkeys, you should be able to accomplish this.

If your example is all you need, then check Templater. It recently added the ability to specify a template that is used on every file creation. So, if you create the template, tell Templater where it is, and when to use it, then the basic CTRL/CMD+O (or N?) to create a new note should trigger the template and insert the front matter for you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.