How can I manage table relationships in Obsidian for creating a Game Design Document?

What I’m trying to do

Hello everyone,

I’m currently in the process of creating a Game Design Document (GDD) in Obsidian, and I’m looking for a way to effectively manage table relationships. In my GDD, I have macrocategories and subcategories that I’d like to organize as columns in a relational database.

In my first database (Database A), I have a “Macrocategories” column with options such as “Characters,” “Items,” and “Levels.” I’d like to create a second database (Database B) with columns for each of these macrocategories and automatically populate them with corresponding subcategories from Database A.

Things I have tried

I’ve explored using the Dataview plugin, but I’m seeking a more automated method for handling these table relationships.
I tried looking for the answer on pages and pages of Google connected to the DBfolder and Dataview plugins, I even looked for the answer by querying ChatGPT but nothing.
Does anyone have suggestions or know of a plugin that might help me achieve this goal?

Thank you in advance for any assistance or advice!

Any sample data or file structures?
Also I think maybe you can try other more database-oriented app first, like Notion.

I really liked obsidian for the way it is built and can manage links between pages, it would be a shame to leave it for Notion

“Projects” plugin can handle populating tables/Kanban/gallery views via Dataview queries.

I don’t know if that suits what you are aiming for, but worth investigating if you haven’t yet.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.