Hover preview notes in Obsidian Publish menu

New Publish user and love it, but I’d also love to see a hover preview feature ported over to the Publish menu. The problem is that when I’m migrating notes into new public-centric folders, it would greatly support quality/privacy control and triple-checks. If I move a file to a public-centric folder but publish it days laters and have seen appended private notes, I want to review those notes in the menu without context-switching.

Arethere other workarounds that I’m not seeing?

2 Likes

Right now, when I’m publishing, I have to manually right-click each new file and click ‘Open File’. This closes the Publish modal to open the note. I then confirm that its a note I intend to publish, and re-open the publish modal, select it, and confirm publishing. I then pick a new note to review.

This could all be much simpler if from the publish modal I was able to open a preview that didn’t close the publish modal. Maybe a pop-over, like the diff modal for changed notes, or a sidebar view, or an inline expand/collapse, or just a hover-over preview. Something so that I can quickly select which notes I want to publish without doing them one at a time.