Command to fold/collapse/toggle properties (the old YAML/new properties section)

YAML/front matter is incredibly useful, especially with dataview plugin. An annoyance, however, is seeing a bunch of metadata when opening a note. I’d love:

1. an option to set default behavior to hide YAML in Edit (not only in Preview) mode.
  2. hotkey to toggle YAML display in Edit mode (I guess same hotkey could apply to Preview as well).
24 Likes

+1 It’s super distracting when you try to edit articles.

5 Likes

Yeah I’d love that!

2 Likes

With Live Preview now working so beautifully, it would be great improvement being able to toggle the YAML section folded away out of sight.

The developer of Metatable, which folds YAML perfectly in reading mode, wasn’t sure how to adapt it to Live Preview a month ago.

Is there the possibility this feature could be implemented natively? Or more likely through Metatable?

Thanks!

2 Likes

It would be great to be able to collapse, fold, or otherwise hide the properties open and closed on the fly in a note. The field gets to be rather big and takes up a lot of real estate.

8 Likes

Yeah, folded properties by default would be super convenient!

I assume you’re using v1.4? If so, in default theme you should see a Properties header. If you hover over it, you should see an arrow that lets you open/close the properties.

If you don’t see Properties in your own theme, check with the theme devs to see if you can make it show up.

Also, IDK if this discussion should be in this FR. The FR specifically refers to the old YAML/metadata section, not the new properties feature.

1 Like

will be implemented v1.4.6

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.