Source Mode: Home key does not go to the beginning of the line in tables with long rows

We strongly recommend you to search the forum with possible keywords before submitting a new bug report. Please also try your repro steps with third-party plugins and custom CSS disabled and see if it’s still reproducible. If it’s an issue with third-party plugins or themes, try contacting the author for help. Once you’ve done the above, delete this line.

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a table with several columns
  2. Add a link with a very long URL. Notice in code edit mode the link does not wrap like it does in a paragraph
  3. Press end to get to the end of the line of text. The editor scrolls to the right as expected
  4. Press Home to get the beginning of the text. The cursor moves to the farthest left that it can but the editor does not scroll to the left so you are stuck in the middle of the line. Pressing home again does not scroll the editor window

Expected result

• Long links in table colums should wrap as they do in the editor
  • The editor should scroll to the left when the home key is pressed and the line is very long

Actual result

• Long links in table cells do not wrap in edit mode
  • Long lines that are not wrapped cause editor to not scroll left when at end and the Home key is pressed

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 11 (I know I’m ashamed of it too)
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v1.0.3
    Installer version: v0.15.9
    Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.22621
    Login status: not logged in
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

1 Like

Table rows are intentionally not wrapped. So not a bug.
Home and End keys are indeed buggy.

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a wide table that goes beyond the width of current tab/column
  2. Set the cursor in the string, press End once: the cursor with jump to the visible end of the text
  3. Press End twice: the cursor will jump one column width further, until the true end of the live is reached
  4. Now try to press Home: the cursor will jump to the start of visible text, but pressing Home again won’t make the view to scroll to it. Sometimes the cursor won’t even go visibly go there as well.

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Yes, I tried it with the default theme, within the sandbox, and with disabled snippets.

Expected result

I expect Home to work and to move my view to display the current position of it.

Actual result

Currently only End works the way it makes sense. Editing long table in Source mode is painful.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.5.4
Installer version: v1.4.13
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: supporter
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 7
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 32
Plugins enabled: 14
1: Minimal Theme Settings v7.3.1
2: Recent Files v1.3.10
3: Settings Search v1.3.10
4: Quick Explorer v0.2.8
5: Omnisearch v1.21.1
6: Style Settings v1.0.7
7: Footnote Shortcut v0.1.3
8: Home tab v1.1.2
9: Linter v1.22.0
10: Sort & Permute lines v0.7.0
11: Emoji Shortcodes v2.2.0
12: Easy Bake v1.0.5
13: Dynamic Highlights v0.3.1
14: Advanced Tables v0.21.0

should be fixed 1.5.5

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.