Help With Movie Database Please

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

I saw this post about creating a movie watch list and it looks exactly like what I’m after.

I have most of it set up and running, but I’m having an issue getting it to display the movies in the gallery view.

My movie note looks like this (for Dune):

---
poster: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BN2FjNmEyNWMtYzM0ZS00NjIyLTg5YzYtYThlMGVjNzE1OGViXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SX300.jpg
imdbId: tt1160419
scoreImdb: 8.0
length: 155 min
---

category:: [[Movies]]
director:: [[Denis Villeneuve]]
genre:: [[Action]], [[Adventure]], [[Drama]]
year:: 2021
cast:: [[Timothée Chalamet]], [[Rebecca Ferguson]], [[Zendaya]]
plot:: A noble family becomes embroiled in a war for control over the galaxy's most valuable asset while its heir becomes troubled by visions of a dark future.
watchlist:: [[2022-07-12]]
rating::

#movies #to-watch

So that's my MOVIE note. Then, where the Gallery view is in another note, I have the following:
---
cssClasses: cards, cards-cover, cards-2-3, table-max
---
table without id 
	("![](" + poster + ")") as Poster,
	file.link as Title,
	string(year) as Year, 
	"by " + director as Director,
	"⭐ " + scoreImdb as "⭐ IMDB",
	rating
from #movies 
where poster != null

When I open the note w the data view, it’s empty. If I remove the last line (WHERE POSTER !=NULL) then it returns the movie okay, but there’s no image, so something is up with the poster somehow, I’m just not sure where.

Any idea how to right this ship?

I think you should not put that parenthesis around Poster format. i have one like that for books and it is working and is like this:
"![FrontCover|100]("+frontcover+")" AS FrontCover,

hope this can help

Thanks. I solved it. I’m relatively new to Obsidian and I didn’t realize copying from that page added three single quotes as a code block. Once I removed those everything chugged into place.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.