Help with Internal Links

I am having an issue with Internal Links. I have the latest version 0.10.1. The tooltip says to Click to Create, but I get a ENOENT error. The odd thing is the error message displays the path and part of the path is missing. It shows “Path/VaultDirectory/Notes/_Index.md”. The actual path should be Path/VaultDirectory/ActiveProjects/TestProjectA/Notes/_Index.md. The file which contains the created Internal Link resides in the TestProjectA folder. My Link is defined as [[Notes/_Index|Index]]. I reviewed the settings and all looks good. What am I missing? Thanks.

ce

The path should either be the shortest path (i.e. [[_Index]]) or the full path in vault (i.e. [[ActiveProjects/TestProjectA/Notes/_Index]].

VaultDirectory is your vault directory, correct? If you want to use [[Notes/_Index]], the vault root needs to be TestProjectA.

Thank you so much for your response Silver. I assume you are saying that Relative Path does not work. Let me try [[ActiveProjects/TestProjectA/Notes/_Index]]. Maybe I am using the wrong approach, or not using it as it’s intended. I want a project page with all notes listed out. I want the notes in their own folder; Notes.

ce

Ok, using [[ActiveProjects/TestProjectA/Notes/_Index]] works as expected. As my library grows I can see those paths getting very large. Relative Path would be nice, and I would assume that to just be [[Notes/_Index]] or [[Notes/NoteA]]. Thanks again Silver.

ce

Ah, Relative Path does work, but only for existing items. It appears you can’t use Relative Path if creating a new Item; bug or working as intended?

ce