[Help | Feature] How to use "Page Preview" core-plugin correctly in mobile?

Platform

[x] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.0.3

How could I hover the internal links or embedded pdf to get the preview of them?
I’ve tried many times, and the result is that rarely the internal links or pdf can be previewed but most of the time it doesn’t work.
when I try to hover them, my hover-action will be directly recognized as drag-action.
(And I found the two fingers tap to an internal link will open a new vertical pane of it, the two fingers hold will open the operation popup of this link. One finger tap will directly jump to that link, one finger hold basically is drag-action, and you can drag it to the top of screen to open it.)

Is there someone could teach me how to hover them correctly?

2 Likes

I tried another way.

In iOS or iPadOS, simulating a hover-action by touch does not seem to work. But I find a setting in Settings -> Accessibility -> Touch -> AssistiveTouch -> Pointing Device -> Mouse Keys. What you need to do just turn on the Mouse keys so that you can move the mouse pointer by using the keyboard.

Now I can move the pointer to hover the internal links I want to preview, and it actually work. But a new problem comes, that is when I previewed a pdf page, I couldn’t change the current page of it, the preview pane will disappear when I click or tap the > and ‘<’ buttons.

Most importantly, I don’t want a keyboard is indispensable every time I read my notes. I hope Obsidian could adapt Page Preview core plugin to the mobile in the future updates, or if anyone could teach me a better solution, I will be very appreciate with you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.