Help develop a query code block that systematically and hierarchically presents the outlinks of documents from a root directory and its subdirectories in an organized manner

Help develop a query code block that systematically and hierarchically presents the outlinks of documents from a root directory and its subdirectories in an organized manner.

I have a directory “X”, within which there are “N” directories that also contain “M” subdirectories, and so on. Within directory “N” there is “document X”, which serves as a general index containing links to the “N documents”, which in turn contain links to “M documents” and so forth, until the end of the root.

I’ve been using Obsidian for some time for basic notes, but now I’m using it for work where the volume of information and notes is relatively larger and more intense. Consequently, I now require more organization and, consequently, greater complexity in the Dataview code blocks.

Unfortunately, I am inexperienced. Even though I’ve tried to use OpenAI to develop a satisfactory code block, studied the Dataview Documentation, and searched incessantly on forums (including this one), all I have are several Dataview query blocks for each directory “N”, as in the example below:

list file.outlinks
from "N"

I earnestly seek help for a query code block that presents the entire directory “X” and its subdirectories in an organized and hierarchical manner. The assistance I’m seeking includes suggestions and ways on how I can do this best.

I would be very grateful and am available to clarify any doubts.

Which outlinks from a given folder do you want? A collated list from all the files in that folder? Only those belonging to each file? (In which case, what do you want to do with duplicates?)

How far does the following bring you:

```
LIST rows.file.outlinks
FROM "X"
GROUP BY file.folder
```

It’s not hierarchical per se, but it do list files from a given folder with their outlinks.

A slightly nicer variant of the previous query, which would reduce the phantom levels of the lists, and make sure each outlinks is only listed once per folder would look like:

```dataview
LIST unique(flat(rows.file.outlinks))
FROM "X"
GROUP BY file.folder
```

If you instead want to look at the each individual file with its outlinks sorted by folder, it would rather look something like:

```dataview
TABLE file.outlinks as Outlinks, file.folder as Folder
SORT BY file.folder
```