[Help] Can't reach vault brought with syncthing

Platform

[ ] iOS
[x] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.0.2

Hello, I’m trying to open a vault that I have synced via Syncthing and I keep getting “Error: File does not exist”, which up until now wasn’t a problem when using Markor.

If I copy the synced folder into a new location I can reach it, which tells me it’s not the “odd characters in names” bug. The workaround I found is to copy, delete the original and rename the copy to the original name; that way Syncthing has access as well as Obsidian.

Obviously this is not a good way to go. I’m not sure what might be going on with this. My synced folder in cellphone is at /storage/emulated/0/Documents/vault with Syncthing v1.18.0, if it’s any help.

Thanks in advance

Are you syncing with a desktop? Windows? Did it work previously? Are you able to open the vault with another text based application?

I use Syncthing Fork on my Android, and have for some time now. Currently, I’m not able to replicate.

Maybe someone else will have a solution. Good luck.

I am having the same problem. I am using Syncthing to share my Obsidian Vault between my Mac and my Android.

I can see the files in my Android files app, but they won’t open in the Obsidian app. When I try I get the error “Failed to load [FILENAME]. File does not exist”. I can create a note on the Android, then it syncs automatically to my Mac, then the Android refuses to reopen the note.

I don’t believe that it is the “odd characters in name” bug either. Please advise.

Thanks!