Hello everyone! It was recently discovered that the latest version of Obsidian cannot play the following inserted videos:

Hello everyone! It was recently discovered that the latest version of Obsidian cannot play the following inserted videos:

<video controls>
<source src="%8%B5%84%E6%BA%90_images/%E3%81%8D%20-%20JavDB%20%E6%88%90%E4%BA%BA%E5%BD%B1% E7%89%87%E6%95%B8%E6%93%9A%E5%BA%AB.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

or

<video controls>
<source src="video name_files/first trip.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

or

<video controls>
<source src="視頻名稱_files/第一次旅行.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

Windows 10

We don’t support relative links in html. you need to use file:///

Could you please give a simple example of a file:/// path? Thanks! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

file:///fullpath/to/file

I’m trying this way but can’t play the video::cry:

<video controls >
<source src="file:///xxxxx/xxxxx.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

You can also try it, if it works, please give me the code, thank you very much! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Replenish:
It is best not to add “file:///” Many markdown editors can play videos without “file:///”. Or make the user optional…

Is there a reason you are using html?

You do have the option. You don’t need file:/// if you wikilinks. And assuming the video is inside your vault. But I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do.

![[video name_files/first trip.mp4]]
  1. The video must be in my storage;
  2. I don’t use wikilinks. style links;
  3. I want to keep the markdown writing style consistent with Typroa and VSCode; among them, Typroa and VSCode don’t need to add “file:///” prefix to play the video. The main reason is: many markdown documents are migrated from the previous Typroa and VSCode editing tools to the current Obsidian editor. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
1 Like

Hello everyone! Can the above bug be fixed in the next release? How about making Obsidian compatible with the current mainstream video file insertion formats? Good hope you can fix it. Thank you very much! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Follow this Feature Request: