Handling of tags ending in `/`

Steps to reproduce

1. Enable and open a tag panel for convenience
  2. Put in a note several “#text” tags, several “#text/funny” tags and several “#text/informative” tags. Everything works fine, both the search and the representation in the tag panel.
  3. Put in a note a “#text/” (notice the slash at the end) tag.

This works incorrectly:

1. Search treats “#text” and “#text/” as 2 different tags.
  2. Tag panel also treat them differently and shows an empty-looking tag line.

Expected result

I expect tags with and without slash be treated as same.

Why would I want this?

• I have many tags. Some of them are separate, some of them have subtags.
  • Both of those types are being used in my various templates, that are put there for convenience (if I have a book template, it makes sense to have all the book-related information and tags be filled in as well as possible)
  • I want to make it easier for me to understand which tags are complete and need no further clarification and which ones still require my input to decide on the subtags
  • For that, a simple format was devised: normally written tags don’t require any more input; tags with a slash at the end might need a subcategory clarification.
  • Notice the “might need” instead of “require”. Telling the subcategory is voluntary, sometimes I want to just let it be in the main tag without a need of extra “go and remove the slash” work.

Unfortunately, I can’t do that because of the bug. The tags mentioned in the templates alone are trashing my tag view.

Environment

• Operating system: Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon
  • Obsidian version: 0.12.19

thanks for the report.

I don’t think I would ever have assumed that Obsidian would treat #text the same as #text/