Graph filters don't apply to current note in local graph

Steps to reproduce

Take any group filter that works on the regular graph view and put it in a local graph. If it is a path, file, or tag filter, nothing will happen to the local graph. Line and section tags work.

Expected result

I expected the color of the nodes in the specified in the group filter to change colors.

Actual result

Nothing happens.

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS
  • Obsidian version: v0.11.5
1 Like

I can’t repro. Post a screen recording with no css and no thirdparty plugins.

I was wrong about the cause of the bug—graph filters just don’t apply to the current note you are in. For example, if you are on the “Start here” note in the Obsidian help vault and add the filter file: "Start here", nothing will happen, but when you go into another note like “Basic note taking,” which is connected to the “Start here” note, the graph filter will work. I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I would like to add graph filters to the local graph and have them affect the current note.

In the figure above, we’d like to put all of the nodes with the name starting with “test” into a group and give them a red color. However, as you can see, the center node of this local graph, i.e. the node of “test node” is not affected by the Group Filter.

Maybe the moderator can clarify how are we going to deal this post, should it be a new feature request or a bug report?

A practical reason for this post is that with a local graph looks like the following, it is almost not able the figure out where is the center node without scarifying the valid group filters, as mentioned in: Is it possible to give the center node in the local graph a different color?.

I am assuming that it is a feature since @WhiteNoise put this post in the bug graveyard. We might need a feature request.