Getting Started frozen with all the option

HI,
i don’t know if this is the right place to post this or not.

I’m new to this Personal Knowledge Management idea. I found obsidian when looking for a note taking app for an IT certification i’m taking and I really am lost at how to get started with Obsidiian for both studying for my certification and for general PKM.

I’m sorry if this has been asked before

I’m open to any suggestions but i just feel lost with all the information here and all the possibilities.

Take a look at some of the videos on YouTube; Linking Your Thinking by @nickmilo has an Obsidian for Beginners playlist and a What is PKM video. He has a bucket load of other videos on the site which I am working through, but these seem a good place to start.

Doing a search on YouTube for “Obsidian how to” also brings up a lot of good videos.

Hope this helps.

I am in same boat as you. And my suggestion would be start very slow, do not try to make use of all the principles you can find about Zettelkasten or PKM. Just start inputting in Obsidian and slowly “upgrade” your workflow.

It takes time to understand Zettelkasten / PKM. And even more time to adjust to your own needs.

Meanwhile I think this is great video for you:

2 Likes

Just chiming in here.

I really liked the simplicity of the explanation over in this video.