Funny Oberservation (well, a bug tbh) regarding Sync

Steps to reproduce

For a couple of months I’ve encountered a baffling behavior: Seemingly randomly, empty notes were auto-populated with a particular existing note. It just appeared. However, I was never able to pinpoint the behavior, I was not able to reproduce it. Today was different. I created a note, entered the note title and ZANG… the note got auto-populated with the text from another note. I deleted it, created a new note, entered the note title and… It happened again. And again. And again.

I started the troubleshooting process but nothing helped. Not turning off Hazel, Keyboard Maestro, Community Plugins…

Then I realized that my MacBook was still running (the issue happened on an iMac) because I created a backup.

I quit Obsidian on my MacBook, went back to my iMac, created a file… No auto-population, hooray!

So… I have no idea why this is happening and why always the same note. I just hope that my little story is of help for the devs to fix this issue.

If you need further information, I’m glad to help!

Environment

• Operating system: macOS 11.2.3
  • Obsidian version: 0.12.1

Yes, this is weird. Thankfull another mod had this issue and we figure it out and fixed it.
I think, If both computers have a new version of obsidian, this shuold not happen.

If you still see this problem, delete the current remote vault and create a new one.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.