Folding in preview

After learning how to rely on fold in Dynalist, Notion and Roam it’s hard for me to use apps that don’t have it fully implemented.

Unfold Me

I love folding text. It helps keep my notes clean and organized.

Some things are better folded

https://giphy.com/gifs/clothes-folding-marie-kondo-xB2DKVtgNiJzZtAYht

https://media.giphy.com/media/tH46933iQiFUs/giphy.gif

3 Likes

Just FYI, all, I believe implementation of folding in preview is tied up with the development of WYSIWYG editing. I suspect any work put into a folding feature now will be wasted once the editor works differently with WYSIWYG.

I don’t know anything official. Just inferring here.

Discussion and upvotes are still valuable nonetheless!

2 Likes

Yes folding in preview, headers and indents, would be great. Something similar to the folding feature that already exist for the backlinks sidebar.

Yes, would definitely help. :slight_smile:

It’s fantastic to watch a wonderful piece of software to grow and bloom… Congrats to devs…!!

+1 for Folding in preview feature…

Retaining folding state is very important… a must…

Extras:

1. definable keyboard commands - as many as possible
  2. fold/unfold - levels/all/ etc…
  3. there are some, but it’d be fantastic to have more
  4. I’d love to see an option to fold/expand heading with cursor placed enywhere below (like in VSC Foam). It’d speed up navigation a lot in long structured notes… + help to clean the mess much faster…
    Regards & thumbs up!
    a.
2 Likes

Desired behavior

The ability to fold headers and list indents in preview mode.

Current behavior

Folding marks for headers and list indents are currently only visible and usable in edit mode.

+1
(would like to put +100 :slight_smile: )

+1, please

this is the only feature that’s stopping me to use Obsidian

1 Like

I tried Typora and it is a very good program. Light, clean but very efficient and it saves the notes straight to the Obsidian folder in my Dropbox with .md extension.
Thank you for your comments!

I’m in the same situation as manojse…
currently, I have been using Roam Research and prepared to migrate to Obsidian, but this lack of capability is blocking me from doing that. Be able to Fold only in Edit mode doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

+1 This would make it so much more usable!

+1 this is a make or break feature for me.

in the mean time you can use this hack if you want some level of folds and sub content. doesn’t support the back links inside though

Another +1

+1 Here. Still waiting for this.

+1 from my side as well.

+1 Windows

+1 definitively, specially for study and memorization.

Kudos for the amazing work!

+1 . Loving the app. but this feature is pretty much required.

I don’t know why they don’t already have it. They should’ve added it when folding was added in Editing Mode

1 Like